Tree / Shrub Manager Vacancy
Swarkestone Nursery is a proudly independent, family run Plant Nursery and Garden Centre, with over five generations of growing history.
We specialise in bedding plants and herbaceous perennials, produced on site by our skilled plants-people.
Our plant area is home to a wide variety of plants, trees and shrubs, and we are looking to expand in size over the next few years.
Our current Tree / Shrub Manager is looking to relocate to another department within our business, and therefore her position is now available.
This is a permanent position working 5 days a week 8.30am-5.30pm approximately. You will be expected to work either Saturday or Sunday every week.
The Ideal Tree / Shrub Manager will:
- Have experience of working in garden centres, although we are open to talking to candidates from any horticultural background.
- Have an enthusiastic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with our customers.
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards plant retailing.
- Have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance.
- Be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities.
- Be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel.
- Have an ability to manage and develop a team.
- Ordering plant stock from various suppliers, so knowing what plants look their best in particular months is key.
- Inputting this data onto our CSY Vector EPOS till system. Training can be provided.
- Making labels using in-house software, and other POS items. Training can be provided.
- Giving great customer service through expert plant knowledge.
- Maintaining good quality plant stock by watering, feeding, weeding, pruning, dead-heading etc.
- Keeping the shrub area tidy and well merchandised.
- Supervising a small team
If you believe you are the right candidate to join our lovely team please drop a CV in to the garden centre and ask to speak to John or Laura.