Quick, fun, simple & kids love it! Try growing a pea-shoot sandwich for National Children's Gardening Week for some vitamin C!
Here’s what you’ll need!
Some pots or containers
Some pea or micro-green seeds
Some multi-purpose compost
- Put your compost into your container(s) and make sure it’s spread evenly.
- Sow the pea or micro-green seeds very thinly on your compost, covering all the soil.
- Water the seeds and put them on a bright window sill.
- Keep the compost damp over the next few days. After a few days your seeds will start to sprout.
- When the shoots are about four centimetres tall, you can cut them for your sandwiches.
- Once you’ve cut the shoots, put your container back on the window sill and keep it watered.
- The shoots will come back three or four times, giving you lots more sandwiches or salads!